Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 23, 1943







Habana, Feb. 23/43

Hi there!... Screw Ball!
Are you missing me? I'd love to know because I'm missing you lots.

I am writing you this letter from the University. Nancy, Nenita, and I are sitting on a bench waiting for the teacher (who was supposed to be here at 9:00 and the clock has just stroked 9:30)

How is your father and mother? Be sure to tell them "hello" for me.

Wednesday night we (Nancy and I) went to the International Club with Joe and his brother Ed. We had lots of fun. Thursday night we danced at Neneydi's home and then then rode all around Havana in her brother's car. I spent all day yesterday studying with Nancy.

I am not sure whether I'll be able to be examined today for I've just been told that this examination is only for those who come to class... stinkers!

I'll have lunch today at my aunt's house and then go to the Nacional Gheatne to see Fu Man Chu. La Sociedad de Jovenes and Episcopales gives a carnival dance tonight and I expect to go.

Joe and I often talk about you. For instance last night I told him that you had surely taught in Eliza Bowman in the afternoon. Did you finally go? I haven't heard from home yet and I'm... here comes the teacher. I will continue later.

I've just been examined. It was very easy I did O.K on that one. It was History. I also examined French Literature the day before yesterday and did fine too.

Well as I was saving before I haven't heard from home and I'm a little bit worried about my mother's health. Do you know if the doctor has gone to see her?

Well, we are leaving, Nenita has just come out. So, so long.
Regards to all,
Lots of Love,
Titi

Joe wants me to tell you "hello" from him. I'm on the street car right now. Wish you could see me walking alone all around Havana. I'm going to see my aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment